Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day Fifty-Six

For those of you just tuning in, "This Guy is Falling" follows the educational exploits of Mr. Birds-Eye, a high school teacher in his third year of teaching, traditionally the make or break year in the profession. Fearing that he has finally reached his wits end, Birds-Eye decides to write a blog in hopes that he can reboot his year by focusing on the positives of the profession.

And I'm happy to report that it's been working.



It's that time of the year for book bills. 


I sent eight kids to the library today to sort out their bills. Basically, they either lost books or forgot to return them.


INT. CLASSROOM - DAY


A KID returns from the library.


Teacher - So?


Kid - I owe $80.00.


Teacher - You better pay up. They won't let you graduate.


Kid - Oh, I have the books. I just forgot to return them last year.


Teacher - How do you forget to return books from a year ago?


Kid - Video games.


END SCENE


And that in a nutshell is why I still like teaching.


Signing off.


Birds-Eye



No comments:

Post a Comment