Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day Sixty?

For those of you just tuning in, "This Guy is Falling" follows the educational exploits of Mr. Birds-Eye, a high school teacher in his third year of teaching, traditionally the make or break year in the profession. Fearing that he has finally reached his wits end, Birds-Eye decides to write a blog in hopes that he can reboot his year by focusing on the positives of the profession.

And I'm happy to report that it's been working.



I haven't been doing my homework lately. I got six more days of school, and the last thing that I want to do when I get home is talk about school, but...


Here's a quickie.


So I'm giving my last vocab test of the year tomorrow. As a review, I have my students fill out four boxes. The first box asks for the definition, the second a synonym, the third an image that the vocab word conjures in their mind, and the fourth a sentence containing the word.


One of the vocab words was exterior, which believe it or not is a SAT word. This is one kid's definition:


"An exterior is the cover for the interior."


And that in a nutshell is why I still like teaching.


Signing off.


Birds-Eye



No comments:

Post a Comment