Friday, February 18, 2011

Day Fifteen

My kids finished their in-class essays today (see Day Thirteen). One kid finished early and had this to say...

INT. CLASSROOM - DAY

Student - Hell yeah! This is an A+ + + !

Teacher - You sure you checked everything? All your verbs are in present tense?

Student - When you read this, it's going to be music to your ears!

Teacher - Well in that case, maybe you should read it in front of the class. So everyone can enjoy the music.

Student - Only if I can stand behind the podium. My knees will be shaking.

Teacher - Then your shaking knees will be music to our ears.

Student - Yeah, but I might pass out.

Teacher - Then that will be music to our ears. When you hit the ground, it'll be like a drum.

END SCENE

And that in a nutshell is why I still like teaching.

Signing out.

Birds-Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment