Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day Seventeen

Today I became a man.

And I learned three things about myself: I'll never be an archeologist, a landscaper, or a prison escapee.  Why not?

Because this morning, I dug my first ditch.

 I found so many rocks I might as well have been digging a trench on the moon.

Needless to say, my hands are still aching so I'll make this brief.

When I was a little boy, my father, a contractor, tried to teach me about home improvement, but I couldn't be bothered. Now I'm a home owner, and I have to learn all this stuff the hardway.

What does this have to do with teaching?

At least now I can speak from experience when I tell my kids to stay in school. Cus' diggin' ditches is no joke.

And that in a nutshell is why I still like teaching.

Signing off.

Birds-Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment