Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hello, from the Trenches

First off, I am a high school English teacher. The where and why aren't really important, and needless to say every name I will use here on in has been changed to protect...my job.

I've been teaching for three years now, traditionally the make or break of the profession. Many discover they just can't hack it and move on, others just get bitter and stay in for the long haul, cursing every waking moment as they count down the days to summer, and then there are still others who truly love what they are doing, the anointed ones!

Me? I fall somewhere in the middle. I like what I do, but.....Well, let's just say things are starting to get to me. No, it has nothing to do with budget problems or an inept administration breathing down my back holding handfuls of scantrons, screaming, "You must raise these scores!"

It doesn't even have anything to do with the kids, bless their hearts.

It's me. I'm the one messing with me. So in an attempt to reboot my year (thank god, it's almost over!) I've decided to write this blog to remind myself why I got into this business in the first place. Everything I write will lean towards the positive...Geez, this is going to be a challenge...And it is my hope that by doing this I can soldier on for...well, we'll see...

Forward march.

Mr. Birds-Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment